Kanye West is an artist, rapper, and rural land owner.
– Kanye’s career as a musician began in the early nineties and he has produced six albums. He is also one of only a few rappers to have won more than two Grammy Awards for an album.
– Kanye West was born on June Eight, 1977 in Atlanta GA with his identical twin brother named Sir Darryl McCray Jr. His mom never married or had any other children but she did name him after her husband who left when Kanye was just three years old. Growing up without fatherly guidance, Kanye turned to music and art for inspiration which led him down a path that would eventually lead him to be one of the most influential artists of our time.
– In 2003 at age 26, Kanye released The College Album under the name Kanye West. The album was a success and he became officially known as Kanye West, dropping his stage name of Kayne West.
– In 2005 Kanye released Late Registration which, like College Dropout, became a huge hit in hip hop. His third studio album Graduation would be another chart topper for him with worldwide sales over 13 million albums making it one of the best selling albums this decade so far; second only behind Eminem’s Recovery (Worldwide Sales: 21 Million).
– Finally on September 11th 2008 at age 31 Kanye finally won his first ever Grammy Award posthumously for producing “Touch The Sky” by Lupe Fiasco from 2006’s Touch The Sky Album where he also did some vocals.
– Kanye’s latest album Yeezus was released on June 18th 2013 and is one of his most acclaimed albums to date.
-Kanye West purchased a ranch in Cody, Wyoming in 2018.